Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Joplin smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the heart of your home’s security system as it links your cameras, security sensors, thermostats, and locks into one cohesive system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel places you in complete command of your Joplin home’s automation and security. See how it can benefit you and find tips to get you started.
How can you use the Vivint Smart Hub in Joplin?
Wirelessly connecting to devices via radio wave signals and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your residence. You can arm your system, program lights, set the temperature, and more. When adding a video doorbell, you may even talk to someone on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub includes built-in cellular connectivity and a battery backup to ensure reliable performance. It also offers complete remote access and control via the Vivint cell phone app.
Here are some of the tasks you can perform:
- Check real-time or recorded footage from any integrated security cameras
- Arm and disarm your home security
- Turn lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Change your home comfort settings
- Speak directly to monitoring agents
You can boost convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Joplin by programming schedules or initiating preferences. For instance, you could have your smart thermostat adjust automatically every night at a specified time. Or, you can add preferences like having your entrances unlock when the fire alarm triggers.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your system
Before you jump into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll have to grasp how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s easy - just abide by these instructions:
- Press the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay signifies you will be in your house and arms all sensors excluding interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away means you will be leaving, and everything in the home will engage.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide the shield icon down and enter your PIN.
The home screen will show a message if the system isn’t prepared to arm. For instance, an open window or door will prompt you to act. Note that you can still arm your home’s security by adhering to the above steps. You will then have to verify that you wish to circumvent the sensor that isn’t engaged.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Joplin
Although multiple users can be entered when your system is installed, you will probably want to add an additional user in the future. Here’s how you can.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right-hand side of the welcome screen.
- Tap “Users” and input your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Select “Name,” enter the new user, and tap the Next button.
- If you wish to provide the user remote capability, choose email or phone and provide the info to deliver an invite.
- Touch Next and then create a PIN for this new user.
- To delete a user, proceed to the menu, tap users, choose the user you wish to get rid of, and then select “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Would you like to take charge of your home’s security and automation via an intuitive touchscreen panel? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Joplin security system. Dial (417) 557-3490 to learn more.