Ways to cut down on false alarms in Joplin
False alarms are an actual issue for your home’s security. Not only can they erode the trust you have in your alarms, but they can also be costly and time-consuming. Fortunately, you can do some things to minimize false alarms from your Joplin sensors and alarms.
To begin, make sure that everything is connected as intended. This might seem like common sense, but it frequently happens that simple user errors result in false alarms. Next, watch out for likely sources of false alarms, such as a back door that might be left unsecured mistakenly. And of course, feel free to use the various options like home automation and scheduling to cut down on false alarms in Joplin.
Is it really that straightforward? Read on and discover for yourself.
Many false alarms in Joplin are avoidable
When figuring out any concern, the first thing to do is read the manual. Be certain that all alarms and sensors are connected appropriately on your end by:
- Executing a checkup through your smart hub.
- Visually check each component to ensure it didn't become dislodged or need a battery change.
- Check your schedules and presets to be certain that your home’s security isn’t activating at inappropriate times.
- Ensure all recently added smart devices are configured correctly and aren't disrupting your home’s alarm.
Contact your service specialist if you are still having problems cutting down false alarms in your Joplin security system. They'll be happy to dispatch a tehnician to inspect your setup.
Investigate your windows and doors
In the event your installation appears to be installed properly, the subsequent step is to do a sweep of your property. Are all your entries closed tightly, or might there be a few inadvertently cracked? If an entry point remains open, it might trip a sensor. If your family constantly fails to close a door, you can incorporate a smart lock that automatically locks when your system is engaged. Unfortunately, windows take more manual maintenance, particularly if you have a family member who enjoys to rest with a window cracked. Fortunately, your Vivint home security system makes it easy to disengage that alarm while still guarding the remainder of the residence.
Smart home automation is an effective technique to cut down on false alarms in Joplin
One of the smartest methods to minimize the likelihood of false alarms is to include home automation into your security system. By using your Vivint app, have the ability to:
- Set a schedule to disengage the alarm when you are home and prevent false alarms caused by mistakenly unlocking an entry point. Then have it automatically engage again after dark as you prepare for bed.
- Set your home security to disarm whenever your smart lock is triggered with the correct PIN.
- Use geotracking to turn on your alarm if you leave the premises, then turn off when you return.
- Receive smartphone updates when your implements detect unusual movements or require a new battery.
- Link your system to a smart assistant like Google Home or Alexa, so you are able to turn your system on or off without the cell phone app or smart home hub.
Cut down on false alarms in Joplin by switching to a Vivint smart home installation
Greater command over your property’s security results in a much lower likelihood of false alarms. To customize your Vivint security package, reach out to (417) 557-3490 or complete the form below.