Leading safety tips for new homeowners in Joplin
If you recently acquired your first home or you’re about to, congratulations! It’s a thrilling time for your family. You’re likely considering the ways you can customize your residence with furnishings, paint, and decor. But, before you get too caught up in home improvements, make sure you consider home security as well. Keeping those you care about protected should always be a top priority, and we’ll show you the way with our safety tips for new homeowners in Joplin.
Complete a safety check of your new Joplin property
Now that you’re considering safety, find out what your new home has in place. To begin, ensure you have functioning fire alarms. Try every one and switch out batteries if needed. Do you have CO detectors? Did you find a water sensor in the cellar? This is also a smart time to update door locks and inspect all locks on windows. Go room-by-room and get to know your new house.
Smart security tips for your Joplin home
Once you’ve done your opening check of locks and safety alarms, you can look into improving your property’s safety. Get started with these security tips for your home in Joplin.
- Install a modern home security system. One of the smartest tools for new homeowners in Joplin is a home security system. Today’s wireless advancements let you keep a close watch on your residence even when you’re not there. You are able to scan live video feeds, engage entry locks, and even communicate with visitors at your door straight from your mobile device. You may personalize your defense with incredible security features such as video cameras and monitored safety alarms.
- Update exterior lights. Outside lights with motion detectors are a great way to turn away possible invaders. You might even integrate them with video cameras. When a motion sensor is set off, it can signal your surveillance to begin recording.
- Maintain your yard. Do you have a clear sightline of your property from the interior? Are there oversized shrubs and trees blocking your view? Eliminate likely hiding spots for trespassers by keeping your yard well groomed. Your neighbors will appreciate it as well.
- Get to know folks in your community. Speaking of your neighbors, get to know them. If you are friendly with people nearby, they’ll be more likely to inform you if they detect suspicious behavior. You can also connect to your community’s social media group if one is established.
- Utilize home automation. If you install an innovative smart home, you can make it seem like you’re on site by activating smart light bulbs at predetermined moments. This is a nice tool when you’re not there.